Quant used to be associated with CAT, XAT and such management entrance exams and in CLAT students used to give a wide berth to maths section. Now with introduction of quant in CLAT the strategy for CLAT 2021 preparation would see drastic changes.
Quant for CLAT : syllabus and topics
The questions in the section Quantitative Techniques for CLAT will be based on paragraphs like all sections. According to the CLAT consortium, the paragraphs in Quantitative Techniques section for CLAT would contain short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. The questions asked would require the aspirant to :-
- Derive, infer, and manipulate numerical information set out in such passages, graphs, or other representations
- Apply various 10th standard mathematical operations on such information, including from areas such as ratios and proportions, basic algebra, mensuration and statistical estimation.
Based on the syllabus given above, we shall make a viable strategy. If you have not yet seen the official sample paper for CLAT, click here. You can also join our ForumCLAT WhatsApp group, where you will find daily newspapers, important news and regular posts, tests, videos etc. for CLAT 2021. You can also follow our YouTube Channel for videos on quantitative techniques for CLAT. The strategy should contain the following:-
- Get these things done first:-
- Get practice copies for maths. Without practice, you won’t be able to attempt questions in the exam even if you know how to.
- Buy a basic book like R S Agarwal to build your concepts.
- Improve your calculation speed. You can try a few tricks I have mentioned in the video below.
- Practice a lot as speed matters in the actual exam.
- Most importantly, believe in yourself. Many students are afraid of maths, but as CLAT 2019 showed, maths can get you great score in the actual exam.
You don’t need to become a human calculator, but still need some decent speed. Follow tricks given in the video below:-
Important topics for Quant in CLAT
As many students are still in confusion about topics for CLAT, specially in quant section, we have made a list of important topics here:-
- Data interpretation like bars-graphs, pie-charts, line graphs, tables etc. would form the bulk of quant section
- Topics like partnership, ratio-proportion, average, work-time, time-distance may also be asked.
- Other important topics: profit and loss, simple and compound interest etc.
For any doubts or queries, contact us.